Theory: UI x UX Design
Design: UI Design Principles
Practice: Project 1 | Worst of the Web
- Course Intro | Syllabus & Course Outline & Schedule
- How to use the course site and Blackboard.
- Getting Inspired: How to Be Creativity and introductions
- UI x UX Design
- UI Design Principles
- Intro to Worst of Web| Project 1 Worst of the Web
- To activate Adobe CC use your BCC First credentials: email@example.com. Sign in with the BCC First username. Then check your email for a code and continue the activation
- Review: Syllabus & Course Outline and Schedule
- Review: (In Blackboard you can find the link to watch the video of our synchronous meeting with more detailed explanation on the content below.)
- Work: After going through the presentation on UI Design Principles go through Project 1 Worst of the Web assignment 1 and research a “Really bad site”. (In Blackboard you can find the link to watch the video of our synchronous meeting with more detailed explanation on the first part of the project.)
- Post: Go to Blackboard / Discussions – Due by the beginning of Class 2
1. Search the Internet for sites that DON’T respect four or more of the six Principles of UI Design. We will call these sites Worst of the Web.
2. Select one Worst of the Web site from the ones you researched and copy the site’s URL (the web address).
3. In Blackboard, Go to Discussion Board / Class 2: Worst of the Web Discussion and Create a New Thread.
4. Paste your chosen Worst of the Web URL in the thread you just created.
5. Observe your Worst of the Web site closely and answer the following questions:
a. How does the site makes you feel?
b. Why is the site making you feel like that?
c. What are the Principles of UI Design being broken and how are they broken? You need to identify at least four Principles of UI Design.
- Install: Adobe Photoshop on your computer
Access to Adobe CC
You should have free access to Adobe CC applications by going to https://creativecloud.adobe.com and using your CUNY login credentials (firstname.lastnameXX@login.cuny.edu).
Here is a step-by-step on how to authenticate Adobe CC with your CUNY login credentials. Once you login to Adobe CC you can select the applications to download. Make sure to download Adobe Photoshop, XD and Dreamweaver.