Art 87 Departmental Syllabus
Sections & Dates:
D02 (52136) Friday
10:00 am – 1:40 pm
Claudia Jacques de Moraes Cardoso, MFA, PhD.
Tuesdays 5:40 pm to 6:40 pm Online Blackboard Collaborate
Fridays 9:00 am to 10:00 pm OnlineBlackboard Collaborate
Contact me through text message or Whatsapp for direct link.
||This course focuses on the aesthetic design of user interfaces for web and mobile. Students learn the process of planning and designing interactive systems, creating flowcharts and mockups, and are introduced to professional Web Design software. Projects include various graphics for the Web, UI (User Interface) Design, HTML templates, and more.
Prerequisites: ART 84 or departmental permission
|Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply basic understanding of HTML and CSS code in the creation of various web pages and sites. All projects.
- Demonstrate intermediate understanding of pixel-based imaging and resolution in the production of mockups and web images. All projects.
- Apply understanding of digital imaging for web in the successful integration of images into web design. All projects.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of UI (User Interface), UX (User Experience), Navigation and Interactivity in the design of user-friendly menus and navigation systems. All projects.
- Use fundamental composition, color, and typographic principles effectively in the design of aesthetic and functional layouts for the web. All projects.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills in planning and designing web pages. All projects.
- Describe and critique web sites, and articulate visual ideas using web-related terms. All projects.
|Digital Arts Program Goals
- To Introduce students to the process involved in planning and executing the design of visual communications. To foster the ability to create and develop visual form in response to design problems. All projects.
- To foster the development of technologically literate visual communicators who understand the use of traditional tools and new technology in support of their professional and academic career. To promote the development of information literacy. To develop the ability to demonstrate a measurable degree of competence in the use of computer and the major software packages utilized in print and web design. All projects.
- To prepare students with the ability to use reasoning and analysis to research, analyze and evaluate visual communications according to the needs of its audience. All projects.
- To become familiar with the major achievements in the history of art, design and typography, including the works and intentions of leading artists/designers in the past and present. All projects.
- To promote professional growth and development through the use of dynamic self-reflection. To develop in students the ability to examine and critique personal work and values in order to be able to become self-developing in their college and professional careers. All projects.
|General Education Goals
|Communication: Use reading, writing, listening and speaking to find, interpret, and communicate information in various modes, including aesthetic, symbolic and graphic. All projects.
- Access to an Internet connected device.
- Course site: https://bccart87.claudiajacques.com
- Readings & Tutorials available in the course site.
- Participate in class discussions and blog posts.
- Create a free account with WordPress.com