Theory: Visual Communication
Design: Review + Layout + Unity
Technical: Grid + Digital Imaging
Asynchronous Due Class 2
- Review: Syllabus & Course Outline and Schedule
- Watch: How to Be Creativity
- Review: (In Blackboard you can find the link to watch the video of our synchronous meeting with more detailed explanation on the content below.)
- Work: After going through the presentation on UI Design Principles go through Project 1 Worst of the Web assignment 1 and research a “Really bad site”. (In Blackboard you can find the link to watch the video of our synchronous meeting with more detailed explanation on the first part of the project.)
- Post: Go to Blackboard / Discussions – Due by the beginning of Class 21. Search the Internet for sites that DON’T respect four or more of the six Principles of UI Design. We will call these sites Worst of the Web.
2. Select one Worst of the Web site from the ones you researched and copy the site’s URL (the web address).
3. In Blackboard, Go to Discussion Board / Class 2: Worst of the Web Discussion and Create a New Thread.
4. Paste your chosen Worst of the Web URL in the thread you just created.
5. Observe your Worst of the Web site closely and answer the following questions:
a. How does the site makes you feel?
b. Why is the site making you feel like that?
c. What are the Principles of UI Design being broken and how are they broken? You need to identify at least four Principles of UI Design.
Install: Adobe Photoshop on your computer
- Attendance & Announcements
- Review Creativity & Principles of UI Design
- E-portfolio, User Interface
- Elements & Principles Design | Unity
- Project 1: Worst of Web Presentations
- UI Design Development: Information Architecture | Site Map, Wireframing
- Digital Imaging
- Review: Elements & Principles Design Principles Unity
- Watch: Beginning Graphic Design: Images
- Install: Adobe Photoshop and XD on your computer.
- Work on:
- Post: Redesigned proposal, site map and wireframe two pages first version to Project 1 | 2. Proposal | Due for Class 3 in Blackboard Discussion Board.
- Post: Tutorial 1 | Interface Design to Blackboard under Tutorial 1.